Wednesday 26 October 2011

ITS BEEN A WHILE !

Wow, I didnt realise it had been so long since I updated the blog! There's not even any excuses, I've just been bloody lazy! So what have I been up to lately? Ringing, Ringing and more Ringing. The only thing that stops us is the crappy weather, and then it has to be REALLY crap to stop us even giving it a go! In the last couple of weeks we've had excellent numbers in the nets, giving me the chance to boost my numbers up significantly, and last weekend I got over the 200 mark with a Long Tailed Tit being the 200th individual. I've had 4 new species Ringed, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin, Treecreeper and a fabulous Great Spotted Woodpecker. I was incredibly careful to keep my hands out of the way of the Woodpeckers bill, but there was no way I could avoid its claws as well. I ended up getting clawed to death but it was a brilliant experience. As for other wildlife news, the Moth trap at the Coastal Park has now been switched off for the winter. I might keep my own going for a little while longer but I dont anticipate getting very much now.

No comments:

Post a Comment