Friday 21 May 2010

LUNCHTIME LOCAL PATCH


After 7 years working in the Nook area of South Shields, last week I was told about a park 2 minutes away from my work that I didnt even know existed!!! (Thanks, Sir Douglas). Its a lovely little park, tucked out of the way, and a perfect escape from the evils of work - at least for the lunch hour I get. In the 2 weeks I've been visiting, the bird list has crept up to a modest little 23. Yes, I know, hardly's earth shattering, but that doesnt matter. I simply enjoy watching whats there. For instance, today I enjoyed watching adult Starlings, Long Tailed Tits and Greenfinches all feeding their young ones in the hot sun. And yesterday, I sat watching a Great Spotted Woodpecker having his lunch while I had mine. Its this kind of thing that puts a smile on my face. It also helps me face the rest of the day at work!!!The park is called The Dell. But dont be going there, its mine!
Long Tailed Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment