Sunday 2 October 2011

100 UP!

We enjoyed an extremely good weekend of Ringing this weekend, probably the best in the time I've been involved. Over 70 birds were caught in the nets in the two days, although admittedly saturday had the majority of the spoils with 50+. On a personal level, the weekend produced two particular highlights for me. Firstly, I Ringed my 100th bird on the saturday. A young Chaffinch had the privilege of being the milestone bird, although I'm not too sure it was aware of the occasion! The other highlight was also on saturday, when I had the privilege of Ringing a quite magnificent Yellow Browed Warbler!! This little bird (above) is simply beautiful, not to mention very scarce, so to get the chance to Ring one was a rare treat. The Yellow Browed was one of four new Ringing species for me, the others being Song Thrush, Redwing & Goldcrest. I've now Ringed 23 different species.

No comments:

Post a Comment